Found by Fleet . March 2012 :: Meet Rowan
Get to know one of this month’s Found by Fleet contestants
Tall, blond and beautiful. Oh, and did we mention devastatingly fashionable?
A classic Nordic beauty who happens to be Dutch, Rowan is the girl behind the blog at www.redreidinghood.com. She’s a bit of a rockstar with leather leggings and sequins while rounding out her looks with dark muted neutrals and sleek metal hardware. We love Rowan’s combination of fresh simplicity and European flair. How does Rowan manage to make the fashion throwaway of jogging pants look chic?! Find out by visiting her photo in this month’s cycle of Found by Fleet!
Found by Fleet :: Contestant Profiles ::
- Name: Rowan Reiding
- Website/Blog Address: www.redreidinghood.com
- What’s your occupation? I would call myself a hedonist at the moment. I decided to quit my study, which I absolutely didn’t like, last January and I’m so glad I did. I’m now living my life to the fullest and already am excited to start a new study, which I DO like, this September.
- Name a few favorite things you can’t live without: My family for sure. Since we practically all live in the same street, I couldn’t imagine not having them around me. I could say the same thing for cats. I couldn’t imagine not having them around me as well. They’re always here to cheer me up when needed. I’m kinda ashamed to say this, but I can’t live without my laptop as well. I wouldn’t know how to keep my blog, which is my true passion, up to date without this genius device.
- Do you have a fashion muse? Who is it? Muse might be a big word, but there are some other bloggers who really inspire me. One of them is Cindy from www.cottds.com. Her outfits really reflect my style.Besides her there are some celebrities, like Taylor Momsen and the Olsen twins, who really inspire me as well.
- What inspires you? I’d rather say who in stead of what: powerwomen. A true powerwoman has got it all; a great career (and worked hard to get it), the perfect family and the perfect face and body. A great example of women like that to me is Angelina Jolie. She’s a great actress, has the perfect family (Angie + Brad = stunning children) and is one of the most beautiful women on earth. I wouldn’t mind living a life like her’s.
- Where are some of your favorite haunts? Definitely the ‘Douwe Egberts’ café, which just opened in my city. Douwe Egberts is one of Holland’s most famous coffee brands, just like Starbucks. I even prefer Douwe Egberts over Starbucks. I mean ‘Crème Brulée Latte Macchiato, who could ever resist? Another place I love to come is Schoorl, a tiny village in Holland at the shore of the North Sea. My grandparents have come to a certain campsite for ages and so I’ve been as well. Being there feels like nothing matters anymore, just relaxing and making fun.
- Who is your favorite designer? Cliché as it may sound, I love Isabel Marant. She always manages to create statement pieces without getting overboard. Furthermore I really like Alexander Wang’s edgy creations.
- What puts a smile on your face? There are so many things that put a smile on my face: chocolate, shoes, cats… But the one thing that puts an enormous smile on my face is my boyfriend being romantic, such as taking me out on a surprise diner or just light the room with candles.
- What’s your fashion motto? Stay true to yourself. Going with the flow is okay as long as you really like it. People can see when you’re not feeling comfortable in it. So don’t buy something just because every one does, but because you love it.